PDA

View Full Version : Spybot keep asking me same questions on start up

bud001
2006-06-08, 07:36
Recently i have switched from Norton to another virus scanner. However, each time the computer starts up Spybot still popped up with the "confirm delete (allow, deny etc) about the "value" of CCApp and Norton IE toolbar. I keep telling S&D to remember the decision, but it keep asking an asking. How do i MAKE Spybot to remember that decision?

Jim B
2006-06-08, 16:10
Teatimer keeps a cache of things that change during startup. You need to refresh the cache to stop this probelm happening (I have had this problem many time). Its a simple soloution:

1. Go into the system tray, right click the tea timer icon and exit spybot s&d resident.
2. Goto the spybot folder in program files on your hard drive and double click tea timer (which should reload it back into the system tray).

The cache has now been replaced.

Let me know if this does the trick.

bud001
2006-06-09, 04:24
I tired this method just now. and it did not work. I restarted my computer and the messages come up AGAIN.

1st message: System startup global entry, Value Deleted, ccApp

I clicked allow, remember the decision checked

2nd message: Global Browser toolbar, Value Deleted,

Entry {42cd yadda yadda ydda)

Old Data: Norton Antivirus

Again, i clieck allow change and remember the decision

But seems that Spybot has some sort of amnesia and CAN"T REMEMBER ANY COMMANDS!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bud001
2006-06-15, 11:11
No help for this subject?

Zoolook
2007-03-12, 19:24
Don't know if this helps you by now (thread is quite old), but I managed to get around this by de-activating Tea-Timer from startup, rebooting, and then activating start-up again!