PDA

View Full Version : processes blacklisted

musiclvr56
2009-07-14, 04:40
I am somewhat of a novice computer user. Several months ago I had a virus-I learned that about.blank was not a good thing. It popped up once tonight which made me nervrous. When I tried to run the Search and Destroy, "user abort" appeared even though I did not touch any keys. I was able to run this a few minutes later with success, but noticed it was different. Usually, all of the problems to be fixed immediately appear, but this time it didn't. Also, there is an icon on the task bar "123245 processes blacklisted". Is this something I should be concerned about? Maybe that icon was always there, but I just didn't notice it. I did some "google" searching and saw that this icon is a tea timer's icon, but did not understand what this meant.

Any advice in layman's terms is greatly appreciated.

Karen

Zenobia
2009-07-14, 05:02
Can you tell me more about about:blank popping up?

Which version of Spybot do you have?If you're not sure,you can open Spybot,click Help,then About.And what operating system do you run?

The 123245 processes blacklisted is just the number of different bad processes teatimer protects your computer from,if it encounters them,and is no cause for concern.There's more info about teatimer here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html