PDA

View Full Version : Website Blockage

The_Professor
2009-07-16, 23:17
Okay, at one of my favorite movie website, i can no longer view movies or tv shows at zshare.net and supernovatube.com. However, on a different computer located elsewhere, the link and view still works. so on my personal computer, something is blocking the link. i can not figure it out. can u help?

Tom.K
2009-07-17, 06:44
Which browser do you use for visiting those sites and what addons do you use in them?
Maybe the reason why some programs or addons block those sites are these:
Comments from WOT scorecards say that zshare.net (http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/zshare.net) has a lot of annoying popups and some malicious downloads and for supernovatube.com (http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/supernovatube.com) says that the site has spam, some ads, and it could lead to phishing sites.

drragostea
2009-07-17, 07:56
Hm. I don't think it is the site itself, but the services that run the site.

I've browsed through WOT's scorecard on these sites and it seems find to me. Good green ratings. It's just the matter of contents that're distributed through the site. There might be links to phishing sites but it was not purposely put there. It could be an ad.

And you can think of zshare is a tank. It stores content and shares it, but it's just the matter of the content. The services were put up to encourage users to upgrade to their "Premium" account, to fund the website (as well as ads to keep the site running [money from views and clicks]).

Professor, are these sites in your HOSTS file?

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\
The Hosts file will be in text form. No extensions.

If not, then it could be a possible malware infection (assuming it's a PC/Home computer)...

The_Professor
2009-07-18, 01:13
i use firefox most of the time and explorer sometimes; both are blocking the content of the sites. i understand the warnings. i had a mean malware, which an expert here walked me through the steps to clean my computer. since then, i have not been able to view any content from the aforementioned sites. by the why, i got the malware from a totally different website, which i no longer use. i do know, with out those two sites as an option i am left with just wisevid.com (which i still can view content on...). i do not know how to id what is being blocked.

The_Professor
2009-07-18, 01:22
oh, i have adblock plus, media player, veoh stuff, yahoo toolbar stuff.

The_Professor
2009-07-18, 01:25
drragostea, how do i check my HOST file?

katana
2009-07-18, 20:38
drragostea, how do i check my HOST file?

Click Start >> Run
In the run box copy/paste the following ....

notepad %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Hit >Enter< and the file will open in notepad :)