PDA

View Full Version : Ie 8

alicez
2009-07-21, 15:43
I have SB S&D 1.6.2 on my WinXPsp3 notebook.
I recently installed IE 8.
I notice when I open the IE 8, that the SmartScreen Filter is not Active (not on). If I turn it ON and then exit IE 8, I find the next time I open IE 8, the SmartScreen Filter is again OFF. Every time I enter IE 8, I have to keep turning ON the SmartScreen Filter.
Someone told me that it could be Spybot S&D that could be causing this 'problem' with IE 8.
Does anyone know anything about this situation that I am having? I've seen other posts on the Internet from folks who are having same problem with IE 8 and having to keep turning the SmartScreen Filter ON when they open IE 8.
Any help would be appreciated as this is quite frustrating.

Alice

drragostea
2009-07-22, 02:56
As far as I'm aware... Spybot-Search&Destroy doesn't interfere with the SmartScreen Filter.

I recall that this filter was turned off by default. I found out when I resetted IE8's Advanced Settings back to default in the Internet Options. So the next time I fired up IE8, I noticed that SSF was disabled.

I'm not aware of any software or tool that disables SSF or resets IE8's Advanced Settings...

If I were you, I'd reset IE8's Advanced Settings (assuming you don't have any other custom settings that you want in the settings)... restart IE8, and enable SSF through the Advanced Settings.
The Screenshot attached should show you that SSF is disabled... Just reenable it.

alicez
2009-07-22, 17:12
Did a refresh. Closed IE 8 and then re-opened it and checked the "Enable
SSF," and closed IE 8. Re-opened and SSF still turned OFF.

Alice

WinXPsp3/AVG/SpyBot/SpyBlaster