PDA

View Full Version : ...application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)...

Southerndummy
2009-07-21, 21:26
Hi everyone, I'm really NEW in this forum.

I'm having a problem, related only to three programs (until now): Motorola Phone Tools, Nero Burning Suite and ... Windows volume control (sndvol32.exe). Trying to launch them, error message appears: ‘The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application’. It really says, in Spanish "La aplicación no se ha podido inicializar correctamente (0xc0000005)....". All my searches for help in the net were frustrating.
I'm using Win XP Pro Service Pack 2, S&D 1.6.2.46, AVG free 8.5.387. I tried Malware Bits Anti Malware, Registry mechanic, and several other utilities but I could not find anything.

Any idea?

eddieturtle
2009-11-04, 01:10
Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same exact problem. I have tried rolling back to a restore point, reinstalling audio drivers.. and more..

Hopefully someone know what to do.

Thanks

Southerndummy
2009-11-05, 12:45
Hi Eddie.
Problem still remains. I've upgraded to SP3, re-installed applications, edited registry entries, and... Nope. I've also checked for memory issues and another hardware problems. It seems that something had modified OS parameters, and that modifications can survive even OS reinstallations and repairs (note: I've not made a full clean OS reinstallation and HD formatting). In fact I'm using another computer with another OS where everything works properly, this old computer still remains as a sort of "home computing lab". Next experiment will be installing Win 7.
Is strange that nobody could find a solution for this problem, I've tried all suggestions found in forums, problem solution IT web pages and all suggestions from IT Gurus, and none worked for me. My Hijackthis logs are spreaded all around the internet!!
Good luck! If you really need to use the blocked applications, don't waiste your time: format your HD and reinstall everything.