PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to give up on Spybot S&D?

poncho93
2009-07-28, 18:39
I've already tried to fix my problem of not being able to open up Spybot S&D without it freezing my computer in the Malware Removal Forum. Shaba was a great help but I'm still in the same place. Every time I double-click on the application Spybot freezes my computer where I cannot click on anything else. I've changed the name of the file, I've tried running it in safe mode and the same result. Let me know if I should raise the white flag on Spybot and just stick with Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware.

Poncho93

Matt
2009-07-29, 00:09
Hi poncho93,

My heart goes out to you.

I suppose that you have also tried an complete uninstall and a fresh reinstall?

poncho93
2009-07-29, 03:48
Matt,
Yes sir and I've even considered installing older versions of Spybot. Are there some instances where Spybot just won't work on someones computer?

Poncho93

fosgate3
2009-07-29, 04:50
I havent had that problem with S&D per se, but I have experienced that in the past with intense spyware/malware/virus infections, and more simply, having too many things running at once and not enough memory on the PC (that or a slow CPU). It may be a hardware issue, I suppose is what I'm suggesting. Have you considered that and looked into it?

Matt
2009-07-29, 11:15
Are there some instances where Spybot just won't work on someones computer?
Poncho93
Which Antivirus program do you use?

poncho93
2009-07-30, 05:01
Fosgate,
I've been able to run Spybot S&D on my computer up until a week ago and so I do not think it is a hardware issue. I have eliminated the programs that start up with Windows but it still doesn't help. I've run every spyware, malware, anti-virus program online and off-line that has been recommended and still can find nothing that would cause this kind of havoc.

Matt,
I've been using Eset but have found nothing.

Poncho93

DGMurdockIII
2009-08-14, 20:31
just wonder poncho93 did you solve your problem