PDA

View Full Version : can I do this . . .

Richard FDisk
2009-07-30, 09:46
why do I get logged before I finish this
off every time I try and post
I hit the submit button and it says not logged in or some crap

I'll post what I'm trying to do in a reply since I only have a few seconds to type in the box here before I get logged out

Richard FDisk
2009-07-30, 09:50
is is possible to transfer the browser immunizations from an S&D installed machine to a machine without S&D

I use S&D @ home and in my office, but where I do web contract work for I can't install S&D,

but can customize the browser anyway I want to

Browser used:
-Firefox 3.0.12; with the add-ons:
- NoScript
- FlashBlock
- AdBlock Plus
- Better Privacy
- Formfox
- Flagfox

Gopher John
2009-07-30, 20:29
The file permissions.sqlite is in your profile folder in v3.0 and higher. However, it contains more than just the immunizations for SpyBot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster. When you allow cookies, JavaScript for specific sites, etc. that information is also stored there. I wouldn't recommend it unless you can duplicate what you want to do in that setup and then copy it over.

Richard FDisk
2009-08-01, 09:03
Thanks for replying;

I install all the same add-ons across the board, (just not allowed to install S&D the excuse I get from IT is "...it messes up the domain settings... etc.")

but no one else touches my browser / user profile etc., would there be a method to duplicating the browser profile of an immunized system and just dropping it on the other system, or am I asking for too much of a hassle?