PDA

View Full Version : Immunize & Update Question

wpc001
2009-07-30, 23:23
I am setting up a netbook for relatives with XP Home SP3. I have Spybot S&D installed, and I have activated the resident protection in each user account individually. My question is, as I have read a bunch of things but cannot find a straight answer...if I update and immunize from the admin account, does that take care of all of the users, or do I have to do that from each individual user account?

When I look at the immunization without admin rights, it gives me the message, and the number of items protected only shows for that particular user. When I look from the admin account, I see info under immunize from all of the users. So, my assumption is that immunizing from the admin account takes care of everything. Am I wrong?

Richard FDisk
2009-08-01, 21:28
You must use an Admin Account to immunize or the immunizations only apply to the currently logged in "limited" user's browsers and the rest will be ignored because of "insufficient rights"
when starting Spybot from a "limited" user account you will be greeted by an "insufficient rights" dialog.