PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer and disinfection

Danny
2009-08-01, 15:56
Hello

I don't have Spybot S&D on my computer since many months and I want to be sure before helping people on forums (now I am on formation and I work on training personnel's virtual machine and dedicated pc on a security/disinfection forum )

I want some information about TeaTimer in the context of disinfection:
If I want to disinfect easily ,I must stop TeaTimer before any action to the registry...everything is fine on this point...
But when the computer is clean ,how TeaTimer gonna react on the first re-activation ?
(I don't think TeaTimer will react on modifications done on the section of registry “on guard” by TeaTimer...but i want to be sure ...cause i am not "up to date" with the newer versions of Spybot S&D)

The only way I must conceive TeaTimer will react is if the disinfection had modified some legit application(s) and the first start up of these(s) application(s) bring some registry modification(s) to them....and TeaTimer will be there to react to that if it touch it's “on guard” sections ...

Do you think I am right?.....i don't want re-install Spybot S$D just for a test
Thank you !!!....and have a nice day !
:D:

spybotsandra
2009-08-03, 14:46
Hello,

You can disable TeaTimer as follows:
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Danny
2009-08-03, 15:53
Hi Sandra
as i said:

If I want to disinfect easily ,I must stop TeaTimer before any action to the registry...everything is fine on this point...

And this point:

But when the computer is clean ,how TeaTimer gonna react on the first re-activation ?
Bye

drragostea
2009-08-06, 00:12
TeaTimer would interfere with the infection removal process, because it'll prompt you about an entry being removed. I would suggest that you disable it for the time being during the infection removal process. After the removal, if you should turn TeaTimer back on again, it'll be likely to prompt you of entries that were deleted/removed (assuming you've removed the infections). In that case, Allow those entries.