PDA

View Full Version : Scammers - unsure where to post

jkkyler
2009-08-06, 04:44
Just wanted to let you know that a company called MBDETAILS located at mbdetails.com is selling your software for $29.88.
Then they are also offering extra 'free' support consisting of essentially other freeware except that the spybot seems to be a legit copy and it immediately found malware in the other downloads - I first noted this with a registry repair program which was identified as malware. I immediately became suspicious - and did some more research which led me to believe I was being scammed. When I called the company they attempted to give me the run-around but I asked them how is it that they are selling a product that they have no copyright or intellectual property rights. I stated that they could explain this to me or my states attorneys' general upon which they immediately informed me they would refund all my charges. Wanted you to be aware of this. Sorry if in the wrong place please move thread if needed or inform proper individuals. Oh yeah, their number which does work is 877-843-8882.

tashi
2009-08-06, 05:25
Hello jkkyler,

Thank you for the head's up. :) Spybot-S&D is of course free for personal use.

I see there are a few consumer complaints about MBDETAILS here:http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/mbdetailscom-a141126.html