2009-08-06, 14:57
I have XP SP2 IE6 Firefox 3.5.2
Spybot 1.6.2.46 last update 8-5-09

This appeared during a scan last night:
Virtumonde
Trojan
(SBI $050FD60A) Library
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WMDRMdev.dll

Can you tell me if this is indeed a false positive and what I need to do about it?
I didn't fix it, I just left it there and closed the program.
Thanks.

drragostea
2009-08-07, 03:45
Hi there. It would be best if you could read this thread:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=50454
-
Attach the file (zipped) and send it (email will be in the thread), with a reference to this thread.

anjobar
2009-08-09, 00:31
Hi, I emailed the file to Spybot. Will I be told here what they find out?
Thank you.

Yodama
2009-08-10, 08:32
hello,

I can confirm this false positive. It will be corrected with the detection update scheduled for release on Wednesday 2009-08-12.

sploozy
2009-08-15, 00:13
i have been downloading free games from Pogo, Comcast, Real Arcade and big fish for ever....today i tried to download a game from comcast and Spybot wouldnt allow it, even after I clicked on the little box saying 'allow it'. I ended up uninstalling spybot because it was doing this to every game i was trying to download...what's up? It never did this before. Is that what 'False positive " means?
:devil:

Yodama
2009-08-17, 07:51
hello sploozy,
it appears that you had false positives with the SDHelper Internet Explorer plugin provided by Spybot S&D.
But to confirm if this really was a false positive we need more information, for instance the download links in question.

The version number and update state of Spybot S&D would have also been helpful.
Please also keep in mind that the SDHelper is configurable to remember decisions for a URL.