PDA

View Full Version : :confused:Spybot Not Recognizing I'm Administrator

Teri-K
2009-08-07, 22:56
I've used spybot for a long time. I'm running vista now, and have been for several months. A few days ago spybot told me I couldn't delete because I'm not the admin. My son-in-law checked and I still am. I now can't access my blog because Blogger says I may be spamming. I need some easy to follow help, please. I tried to find an already posted answer, but couldn't.

Thank you very much for your time.

Teri-K :thanks:

Zenobia
2009-08-09, 03:50
To run Spybot with admin rights on Vista,you can rightclick Spybot and select Run As Administrator,then click continue on the prompt from User Account Control.

If you continue having problems after running Spybot as admin,please let me know. :)

PTRMAN
2009-08-10, 06:10
I have tried the right-click run as admin. Nothing happens. Program doesn't open or run. I've also gone into properties and checked run as admin under advanced settings. Same thing program doesn't run. It will run if I double click on the icon, but still not as admin. I have UAC enabled.

Zenobia
2009-08-10, 13:57
Which edition of Vista do you have,if you don't mind my asking? :)

PTRMAN
2009-08-10, 23:37
Ultimate. Does it matter?

Zenobia
2009-08-11, 07:02
Ultimate. Does it matter?
Not sure,but knowing will help me try to search for a solution.
When you rightclick Spybot and select Run As Administrator,do you get the "A Program Needs Your Permission To Continue."prompt from User Account Control?
Do you have a Standard Account or an Administrator Account?