PDA

View Full Version : New user hoping someone can help me fix my PC, infected with Trojan-spy.zbot.yeth

andyj
2009-08-11, 10:56
Hi there, came across this site after a search for the virus mentioned in the title. Just a little background info just incase someone needs it, basically on Sunday evening I went on a Motorbike forum trying to find routes round europe, the link took me to a dodgy looking page which did have posts on there however my Firefox froze and my download window opened and was bombarded with "Windows updater.exe" files which I deleted straight away.

I ran Spybot S&D together with my AVG antivirus scan which found some entries and succesfully deleted them. I did a further S&D scan to ensure everything removed and it came back clear.

I then booted up my PC monday morning however it froze on a black screen with the mouse pointer showing, I restarted it and got to the windows loading screen which then froze, restarted again and got to the user login screen and when I selected my name it froze. I then had to go to work so tried several attempts to get on my desktop last night. I did manage to do this and tried to run S&D however it will not load up for some reason. Similarly my AVG scanner will run but freeze about 6 mins into the scan. My friend suggested I download spyware doctor which I managed to run and it found a file "Trojan-spy.zbot.YETH" before it froze on me. There are no options to remove this as it is the free version.

Other symptoms are limited/no internet connection, Desktop just freezes randomly, unable to run spybot search and destry in safe mode or normal mode, AVG anti virus scan gets stuck on a certain file in safe mode and cannot scan past this.

I have noticed from other peoples post that they have run Hijackthis to post a log however I cannot get this to run in normal or safe mode?

Many thanks in advance and sorry for the exhausted list of information

andyj
2009-08-11, 15:34
Following a scan in safe mode ihave discovered three trojans which are:-

Trojan-Spy.zbot.a
Trojan.Virtumonde
Trojan.banker

I have read in your archives that the best thing to do in particular with the top one is too re-format the computer.

Blade81
2009-08-17, 20:39
Hi,

Yes, if Zbot is onboard then reformat is recommended.

Blade81
2009-08-24, 08:36
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.