PDA

View Full Version : spybot wont scan all my computer

kobeman
2009-08-11, 11:32
hi
first sorry for my english.

i have problem that spybot wont scan all my computer files.

it scan only my browsers files (about 30) and after half min he stop scan!

i reinstall my software several times,make updates,and some times it may ran a full scan but 90% of the time its just make little scan..

i try to add more folders or somthing like this for the scan but it just wont work.

what is the problem?

MisterW
2009-08-11, 11:50
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

Best regards,
Markus
Team Spybot

kobeman
2009-08-11, 21:06
Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

Best regards,
Markus
Team Spybot

thx for help but i cant check notthing cause its all empty fileds! :confused:

kobeman
2009-08-13, 10:30
thats it guys?? no any soltion??

Matt
2009-08-13, 11:21
Hi kobeman,

Please open Spybot
Click update
Download all available files
Try to start a scan

kobeman
2009-08-13, 23:39
Hi kobeman,

Please open Spybot
Click update
Download all available files
Try to start a scan

i do all updates + install/uninstall several times.

it scan only browsers files! :confused:

kobeman
2009-08-15, 17:18
i do all updates + install/uninstall several times.

it scan only browsers files! :confused:

guys just tell me that there is nothing to do any more i will not interrupted you again :lip:

spybotsandra
2009-08-17, 13:43
Hello,

What do you mean with "cant check notthing cause its all empty fileds"?
So you went into the file sets? And then?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

pilgrim09
2009-08-24, 23:24
I am having a similar problem with 1.6.2 with the latest updates installed and running as administrator.

First, it takes forever for Spybot S&D to start up. Then, when I receive an error popup "stream read error" it finally starts. When I scan, as with the above problem, it only performs a browser bot check. I am in advanced mode, but when I check file sets under settings, it is totally blank, there is nothing to select (unlike on my wife's computer where Spybot is running fine.) On the main page (same page where you "check for problems" it has a file sets dropdown menu, where "select all available" is checked. When I close Spybot S&D I receive another error, "Failed to get object at index 0."

All of the above happens every time, ever since downloading the last two updates.