PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

kwest72
2009-08-13, 12:03
Hi

I'm new here so sorry if I have popped this question inthe wrong place.

My pc has been running quite slow recently, taking a long time to start up etc.

I have NTL PC guard (now virgin media) for my virus protection.

I ran a scan and it came up with the 3 following which could not be deleted or 'disinfected'.

W32/CodeCru-based!Maximus
W32/Dialer-GIX-based!Maximus
W32/Trojan-disguised-based!Maximus

Am I correct in assuming these are virus's or malware?

I have done a scan with Spybot S&D this morning which removed a few concerns but how do I know if the aforementioned have gone?

I would be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

K

tashi
2009-08-13, 16:44
Hello kwest72 :welcome:

I have NTL PC guard (now virgin media) for my virus protection.

I ran a scan and it came up with the 3 following which could not be deleted or 'disinfected'.

W32/CodeCru-based!Maximus
W32/Dialer-GIX-based!Maximus
W32/Trojan-disguised-based!Maximus

Am I correct in assuming these are virus's or malware?
I am not familiar with that software or its detections, however those are infections.

I have done a scan with Spybot S&D this morning which removed a few concerns but how do I know if the aforementioned have gone?

Do you remember what was fixed? Spybot-S&D is not an anti virus program. The application searches for spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers and keyloggers.

For someone to take a look at the system, please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you when available.

Best regards.

kwest72
2009-08-13, 22:56
Thanks for your help - will do that tomorrow when I get a bit more time to go through it.

BTW the things spybot removed were, I think, adaware that sort of thing?

tashi
2009-08-13, 23:34
Thanks for your help - will do that tomorrow when I get a bit more time to go through it.

BTW the things spybot removed were, I think, adaware that sort of thing?
Cheers.