PDA

View Full Version : Spybot tries to update version during /autoupdate

matthell
2009-08-13, 15:26
Hello all,

If this is covered in another thread forgive me. I have searched but cannot find an answer. I run 1.5.2 from a command line with the following switches: /taskbarhide /autoupdate /autoimmunize /autocheck /autofix /autoclose /allhives /onlyspyware
When the scan runs for the first time the wizard for 1.6.X pops up. I don't want to update versions just detection updates. Is there a way to update defs but NOT the program. It looks like "install-m162.ini" is sending the command to install the upgrade.

If it is highly recommended to update to 1.6.2 should 1.5.2 be uninstalled first or can I install over the old version without complications?

Thanks,

Matt

drragostea
2009-08-14, 00:40
I don't know if you can update Spybot-SD 1.5.2.x, without getting past the suggested 1.6.2 upgrade. Version 1.6 has a lot of tweaks, fixes, and performance enhancements. Meaning it'll be a much better program than it's legacy builds and it'll handle things better.

Best to upgrade to avoid potential false positives.
You should be able to overwrite the current build on your machine with no problems, but to avoid any problems that might surface, you might as well uninstall, reboot, and install a fresh copy. The latest build hosted by SaferNetworking's servers is listed below:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/ownmirrors1/index.html
-