PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Registry Change detected by Spybot

soithappened
2009-08-13, 21:10
Hi,

When i run Spybot on my computer at work, Spybot detects the following entry (Please refer JPEG attachment). Spybot detects a registry entry under Microsoft.Windows.System. Should i fix the problem or leave it? This keeps coming back every time i run Spybot. Is it a threat?

I installed Spybot because when i tried to open a site through Google, i used to get an error message that Google has blocked by computer because it has detected that my computer is sending bulk email. After running Spybot, the Google problem is gone.

Thanks!!!

katana
2009-08-16, 16:32
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
Please Read All Instructions Carefully
If you don't understand something, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please do not run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you
Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those few things, everything should go smoothly http://www.countingcows.de/laechel.gif

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
Be assured, any links I give are safe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the delay in responding, but as you can probably see the forums are quite busy.
Unfortunately there are far more people needing help than there are helpers.

If you still require help please do the following

Download and Run RSIT

Please download Random's System Information Tool by random/random from here (http://images.malwareremoval.com/random/RSIT.exe) and save it to your desktop.
Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
Once it has finished, two logs will open:

log.txt will be opened maximized.
info.txt will be opened minimized.

Please post the contents of both log.txt and info.txt.

soithappened
2009-08-17, 20:35
Hi Katana,

Thanks for your help. Below is the info you requested, info.txt in the next post

> Log removed at members request <

soithappened
2009-08-17, 20:37
> log removed at members request <

katana
2009-08-17, 23:45
Please can you have a look at the forum policy on Work computers
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=25712&postcount=5

As for the registry entry that Spybot is detecting, that is very likely a restriction placed by the IT department.
It is nothing to worry about, and you should not alter it.

There are several older versions of Java on your machine.
These are vulnerable to exploits, and I recommend that you remove them.

Java(TM) 6 Update 2
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Java(TM) 6 Update 5
Java(TM) 6 Update 7