PDA

View Full Version : Legal stuff revisited

dageeza2009
2009-08-14, 18:59
Everything is fine and suppressed if you either select "I do not know all about that legal stuff" OR tick the "don't show again" box BUT, there are a number of updates which seem to override this - a pain. That is when you think you have scanned in the night, only to find the bloody caption box sitting there waiting for user input. Can this PLEASE be fixed, or at least can you advise WHICH updates will cause this reversion so that can manually fix after update.

Thanks a mill

Switchman05
2009-08-14, 22:20
Same thing occures on my PC ever since this has been displayed. I used to check the "don't show this again" but it still does. It was a small issue so I did not report it.

But now that I'm no longer the "Lone Ranger" I'll jump in. IMO this is a pita.

Is Spybot now so complicated that a simple issue like this is ignored and not fixed? Because so many other bigger issues take up the staff's time.

Is it is a symptom of Spybot's growth? What does it indicate for Spypoy's future?
Ron

Gopher John
2009-08-15, 18:07
I had this issue on an old Win95 machine with the current version. It always showed up after running Crap Cleaner, which apparently deleted SpyBot S&D's configuration files. It didn't happen any other time. FWIW, that old machine is now blocked from accessing the internet. The grandchildren use it to play old games.:)

dageeza2009
2009-08-26, 19:41
I had this issue on an old Win95 machine with the current version. It always showed up after running Crap Cleaner, which apparently deleted SpyBot S&D's configuration files. It didn't happen any other time. FWIW, that old machine is now blocked from accessing the internet. The grandchildren use it to play old games.:)

Mystery solved - thanks John. Will have to remove this from Crap Cleaner somehow or live with it.

Gopher John
2009-08-26, 19:51
The files to be deleted should show up in Crap Cleaner in the Analyze results, and can be unchecked so they won't delete. This works for the one time.

Better to note these and add them to the list of exclusions in Crap Cleaner's Options | Exclude. This way, you won't have to remember each time.