PDA

View Full Version : Help! Please help? related to WIN32.TDSS.rtk

sannsat
2009-08-16, 09:30
I am fearful my pc is about to crash for good! please note I am an average user, not a professional. I ran spybot earlier today and it showed the pc is infected with WIN32.TDSS.rtk. 5 times. The pc is acting funny...very slow and I've had several sessions where I click on a link while searching to have all Hades break loose- a message from the webpage saying my pc is infected with trojans... it seems to go to the "my computer page" looking like it's downloading... I couldn't get out of these situations by clicking cancel or on the escape X. I checked my security sys and found I had no antivirus running.
I uninstalled the one I had and installed a fully functional 30 day trial of avg. Ran it's av. Several cookies came up but no trojan/viruses. I used pc for a while today and the webpage alarm thing happened again!

Loaded spybot and ran it. 5 trojans as listed above. did the fix. But pc still seemed sluggish. Ran spybot again and this time it froze. Rebooted pc yet again and ran again. Still there.

Came to this site and began to read. Went to the page:

BEFORE YOU POST
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

did as suggested for advanced mode - teatimer off. also downloaded the erunt to back up registry. did so.

noticed it said to restart pc in spybot. so I stopped the scan and tried to restart pc. It hung up but eventually did close.

When the pc came back on I was able pull it up but immediately I got black boxes and a window box which stated:

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\COMMAND.COM
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT

The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Windows Applications.
Choose close to terminate the application."

it would not let me choose ignore and it wouldn't do anything with choose. as I type this there are multiple frozen black windows on the screen.

um....getting a bit worried here... can you help me?? what do I do????

oh and I got a blue screen earlier tonight too. I hope someone out there can help???? I don't know what to do! Afraid if I turn it off I wont be able to get back in. Not even certain how long I will be online.

Thank you so much if and when you do respond!

shelf life
2009-08-19, 01:36
Came to this site and began to read. Went to the page:

BEFORE YOU POST
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

you missed something, See post #2 about downloading and posting a hjt log.

sannsat
2009-08-19, 04:15
alas...too late.

thanks