PDA

View Full Version : Locale/Language Problems with Spybot and Teatimer

Everwarrior
2009-08-19, 10:00
This problem has existed since version 1.6 I believe, version 1.5.2 does not have this problem if I recall correctly. As for why I didn't post this earlier, well lets just say that I didn't know this forum existed until a couple minutes ago... :p:

I'm running the Traditional Chinese version of Windows, but I have "Support for Non-Unicode Programs"(That thing in the language/locale settings in the control panel) set as Japanese since a lot of my programs require that setting. This setting was fine with Spybot and Teatimer until I upgraded to 1.6 from 1.5.2. The tray icon of Teatimer will not show, and if you open task manager you'll see that it's taking up 100% of your CPU. If you end the Teatimer.exe process, explorer.exe ends up taking 100% of the CPU's processing power. Spybot also ceases to start, double clicking it doesn't do anything except opening up a process that also takes 100% CPU. The system freezes up shortly after that.

If I set "Support for Non-Unicode Programs" back to Traditional Chinese, everything works fine. But this means I'll have to change my settings and restart every time I use spybot, not to mention that the "resident protection" wouldn't even be active most of the time.

This problem still exists with the newest 1.6.2 version. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: My computer isn't infected as far as I know, and this problem can be repeated on another computer of mine using the exact same settings (Traditional Chinese Windows XP, set "Support for Non-Unicode Programs" to Japanese)