PDA

View Full Version : Autorun from any account on xp pro

LT72884
2009-08-20, 17:50
Ello all,

New here. I have a simple question and hope to recieve a simple answer. I have a small(3 users) network at home all running xp pro. Each PC has differnt user accounts like mine, my dads and sisters. I want to have spybot auto run once a week and auto update once a day. However i cant gurentee that the same user will be logged onto the PC when it auto runs. I installed the spybot program under my sisters account, not the admin account.

How do i make it auto run and update no matter who is logged in?

Thanx

Matt

LT72884
2009-08-20, 18:09
I have also noticed that with one of my PC's i set up a time for auto update and that works fine but the autrun of spybot never runs when i set it up. Under the scheduled tasks option under system tools of win xp, it shows the time it is supposed to run but still says NEVER for last run.

LT72884
2009-08-20, 19:04
I cant get autorun to work on any PC now. here is what i have in the run box of the scheduler

"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck /autoimmunize /autofix /autoclose

with out the carriage return of coarse. It is set to run at 11:00am and it never went off. i cant seem to figure out why

spybotsandra
2009-08-21, 12:10
Hello,

What do you mean you have that in the run box of your sheduler?
That are the command line parameters that are for the SpybotSD.exe file itself.

In order to run the sheduler:
Please run Spybot-S&D in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Scheduler". Hit the "Edit" button at the top of the "Scheduler" section in Spybot-S&D. Then hit "OK". Now you are asked to enter the password (your windows account password).

Please consider the following link (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tasksched_topnode.mspx) in order to see how to use the Scheduler.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

LT72884
2009-08-21, 17:39
Hello,

What do you mean you have that in the run box of your sheduler?
That are the command line parameters that are for the SpybotSD.exe file itself.

In order to run the sheduler:
Please run Spybot-S&D in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Scheduler". Hit the "Edit" button at the top of the "Scheduler" section in Spybot-S&D. Then hit "OK". Now you are asked to enter the password (your windows account password).

Please consider the following link (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tasksched_topnode.mspx) in order to see how to use the Scheduler.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Correct, thats what i did and when i hit the edit button in spybot for the schedler, the box says run to the left of the parameters.

For some reason i can never get it to work. If i go to start>accessories>systemtools> scheduled tasks. It shows the spybot entry added but under the "last run time" colomn it says NEVER. I set the time correctly but when the time comes, it never runs. i have gone one week waiting for the daily scan to go off and it does not go off.

I am trying to make it so that no know matter what account is currently logged in, the autorun features will still work. For example. If i set up the autorun features under Alices account, i need them to be able to run under Camery's account because Alice is not always logged in at the time of the scan. Sometimes Camery is logged in and i need spybot to autorun no matter what account is currently logged in.

Thanx

Matt