PDA

View Full Version : Advcheck.dll after i did an update?

Lookin for help
2009-08-23, 20:27
Hey all, im new so im not sure if this is in the right spot. But here is what i was wondering - i was scanning my computer with the programs i have and when i went to update spybot i got this popup and it said abort retry or ignore.

I just clicked scan and about half way through, when i minimised spybot it was there( i had forgotten about it.) I clicked retry and it went away. I stopped the scan because i wasnt sure if it updated the database. What is this? Is it something bad?

Matt
2009-08-23, 21:19
Hi Lookin for help,

:welcome: to Safer Networking Forums.

Well, I guess your are talking about an "update" from Spybot 1.6.0 to 1.6.2 ?
Do you have problems with some files in the Spybot folder?

Usually you won't get such a message if you uninstall the old version before installing the new one, but updating like you did, shouldn't be a problem as well. :)

Keep us updated.

Lookin for help
2009-08-23, 21:45
No. I didn't update the program. I opened up spybot from my dektop and it shows 3 options on the page. Check for problems, recovery, and search for updates. I click on the search for updates and selected "Gigenet(USA)" I pressed download and all looked normal until that popped up. Advcheck.dll --- [Abort] [Retry] [Ignore].

I clicked retry and stopped the scan that was in progress, (read my first post). I said i forgot to click an option and started the scan anyways, but stopped it after i hit retry because i didn't know if the updates worked.

I just tryed it again and it didn't pop up. So was it bad or anything or was it just a file in spybot that wasnt working correctly?

Matt
2009-08-23, 23:35
No. I didn't update the program. I opened up spybot from my dektop and it shows 3 options on the page. Check for problems, recovery, and search for updates. I click on the search for updates and selected "Gigenet(USA)" I pressed download and all looked normal until that popped up. Advcheck.dll --- [Abort] [Retry] [Ignore].

I clicked retry and stopped the scan that was in progress, (read my first post). I said i forgot to click an option and started the scan anyways, but stopped it after i hit retry because i didn't know if the updates worked.

I just tryed it again and it didn't pop up.

Ok, now I understand.

So was it bad or anything or was it just a file in spybot that wasnt working correctly?
Team Spybot has released a new version of this file advcheck.dll. I guess this message popped up, because a scan was in progress. I downloaded this file a few days ago as well and didn't get such a message as far as I remember... :scratch: ;)

By the way... why was a scan in progress? Wouldn't it be better to update Spybot first and then run a scan? Or do I misunderstand you again?

All in all, it was not bad, it was good like you did. :bigthumb:

Lookin for help
2009-08-23, 23:56
I thought the update was Successful but after i started the scan i looked at my desktop and that message was there, so i stopped thr scan and restarted it after doing another update