PDA

View Full Version : please help

mikeg01
2009-08-23, 23:44
Hi guys I'm new in here and I have this kind of problem and your help will be really appreciated. so this is what happens: a window pops up and on the title it says: System and down in the description there is some link: and there is an ok button and when i press on it, it disappears but after couple of seconds it still pops up. then i googled it and i found out linkbucks is some money making thing but i have never been to that web site. Also this pop up is not browser related because it just pops up even if the browser is not running and the pop up window looks like system window rather then browser's. so please if anyone knows anything help me. by the way i scanned the pc with spybot but it didn't help. thank you in advance

ken545
2009-08-24, 23:33
Hello mikeg01

Welcome to Safer Networking.

Please read Before You Post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
That said, All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Download Trendmicros Hijackthis (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe) to your desktop.

Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe
Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
Go to Edit> Select All.....Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Submit Reply and not start a New Thread.

DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

ken545
2009-08-31, 19:04
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new HijackThis log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.