View Full Version : Spybot is no longer warning me about startup program modifications

fabian.rosell
2009-08-24, 23:40
Hello everybody.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but from a months ago (I don't remember specifically how much) Spybot stopped to warn me about startup programs modifications.

I found VERY VERY annoying when a program decides to place himself on startup. I HATE that behavior and, as a programmer, I think that's a very bad practice (if you need an automatic start, code an automatic service, it will start himself but it's what services are supposed to do).

MSN mesenger, acrobat reader, winamp agent, and others modify my startup file as they want to... Of course, I can disable them but, why not doing it WHILE they are trying to do it and not BEFORE it was done?

Why is this happening? When it changed? What can I do to fix it and get the old Spybot behavior back?

I haven't found any check to do it in the program options.

Anyone?

Thank, dudes.

PD: I've made a little search in Google and in the forum to get the info, with no luck. Please excuse me if this topic already exists, and please redirect me there.

drragostea
2009-08-24, 23:53
Switch to "Paranoid Mode" in TeaTimer. There should be an option when you right click on it's icon in the Windows Taskbar. It should be under a "Settings" tab.

The newer builds of TeaTimer utilizes whitelisting, so it'll automatically allow legitimate changes. I understand that some users might want to take control of what specific changes are made, it happens.

fabian.rosell
2009-08-25, 01:22
That's right... is not easy or natural to found it but it could be done.

It will be very useful if this can be selected during instalation on an "advanced mode".

Thanks, drragostea, you save my day.

drragostea
2009-08-25, 01:37
You're welcome. Have a good day.