PDA

View Full Version : Stream Read Error and won't scan all files

pilgrim09
2009-08-25, 03:47
I am having problems with Spybot S&D scanning everything and am receiving two errors, as detailed below. Earlier I had posted about it here (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=50712) but I'm thinking I may have a better chance of getting a response by starting a new thread.

Until last week I haven't had any problems with the program in years. But since the second to last update, it takes Spybot S&D forever to open. Then after maybe 10 minutes or more, when I receive the error popup "stream read error" it finally starts.

Then, when I scan, it only performs a browser bot check and is through in no more than 30 seconds. I am in advanced mode, but when I check file sets under settings, it is totally blank, there is nothing to select (unlike on my wife's computer where Spybot is running fine.) On the main page (same page where you "check for problems" it has a file sets dropdown menu, where "select all available" is checked. (In this menu, it doesn't matter what I check, it remains the same.)

When I close Spybot S&D I receive another error, "Failed to get object at index 0."

All of the above happens every time I attempt to run the program, ever since downloading the last two updates. I have the latest update downloaded and am using 1.6.2 on a Vista Home Premium machine.