PDA

View Full Version : Spybot now opens smaller

Firefighter
2006-06-12, 17:01
When I activate SB it opens different the usual.
It now opens with a much smaller screen and immediately starts checking. I abort the check and THEN it goes to the usual page where I can first check for updates, immunize etc.

The only thing I have changed is trying to get SB to run automatically (Still not sure it is)

Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-12, 17:18
If you went into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings and then in the option tree under Automation > Program start > checked "Run check on program start", that is what you told it to do.

Firefighter
2006-06-12, 17:27
That did it - Thanks

I did that when I tried to go auto

Maybe you can help me with that.

I created a password for my XP Pro so I could use the scheduled task.

Then I went to Sched task and created it.

Then I went to SB and ticked off the auto stuff.

But, when I go back to sched task under status it doesn't show that it's being done.

Plus when I manually use SB and update I get new updates.

Perhaps you can direct me to a thread that explains in detail what steps to take.

Thanks again for the info

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-12, 18:46
Did you look in your pervious thread?
Scheduled Task-doesn't d.load/Immunize
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=4780

Firefighter
2006-06-12, 21:23
Thanks for reminding about that.
As usual after reading it once again I learned a little bit more.

I added the auto immunize and update.

Does it matter that in the parameter line auto close comes before auto immunize and update?

When I go to sched task it shows me that it hasn't run. Under the Last Result column it will be 0X0. Even though I run it every night.

(I go to sched task this way start/all programs/accessories/system tools/sched task)

It's so nice to have smarter computer people then me - thanks again.

Firefighter
2006-06-12, 21:25
One other item I remember reading that the extra parameters should not be done together due to false hits or something like that.

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-12, 23:21
I personally do not recommend using /AUTOFIX without being aware that it can leave you susceptible to fixing things that are in reality false positives.

Rednose
2006-06-13, 01:59
Md usa spybot fan is right. Always be in controle yourself.

Greetz, Red.

Firefighter
2006-06-13, 02:16
So what do you suggest?