PDA

View Full Version : 1.6.2.46 + latest updates - SEARCH now greyed out ?

dageeza2009
2009-08-28, 01:55
Happened on both PC (XP SP2) and laptop (SP3), going into Updates brings the window but the search button is greyed. After about a minute, the box just disappears,

Anyone else have same issue ? Any fix for this (other than reinstall) ?

Scanning still works fine.

Thanks

dageeza2009
2009-08-30, 14:21
Bump - can someone address this please as I am unable to update either on my PC or laptop. Tried running on both today and simply starts update window, CPU goes up to about 50%, search option greyed, then windows closes. Like I say, this is on both Laptop AND PC, both of which started happening after updates about two weeks ago.

Thank you

DougCuk
2009-08-30, 21:05
Sounds like something is blocking internet access for the Spybot update program - SDUpdate.exe
The most likely culprit would be a firewall or possibly some other security program.

Do you get the same response running SDUpdate directly from the Spybot folder - as from inside the main program?

As your problem started on two different computers at the same time is there something you have changed at that time - that would apply to both computers?

dageeza2009
2009-09-02, 23:42
See my post on updating problems. have reinstalled Spybot 1.6.2 and all updates, scans etc now working properly with no application errors.

This was probably down to running a cleaner whic screwed up Spybot settings.

New behaviour is that - even though the SEARCH button still greyed out - it actually does now return either "no updates avaialble" or take you to the update location page.