PDA

View Full Version : Hit by AntispywareBOT - (inactive)

MalwareS?c?s
2009-08-28, 20:46
Hi,

I inadvertently downloaded and installed AntispywareBOT on to a Gateway P3 mini notebook that had just been upgraded from WinME to WinXP SP3. I used Spybot S&D to remove it but on re-boot XP failed to completely load, followed by the machine doing a spontaneous re-boot. The PC is hung in a boot/re-boot loop, and I cannot even get Safe Mode to load without the same issue.

However, my greatest concern is not for this notebook, but for my network and the other 3 PCs that were connected at the time this happened. I know - I should have taken them off-line right away - I obviously had my head where it should not have been. Honestly, I've been working the last 3 years behind a large corporate VPN, and I did not realize how dangerous the online world had become. I do keep my home network and all it's PCs fully protected with CA & McAfee's Security Suites, and users are continuously reminded of how to handle e-mail. It is surfing that we were all ignorant of the dangers.

My work PC is protected by Cisco products and the company's security will not allow it to connect to any network but their own, so although it was connected to my switch, I doubt it was ever at risk.

Please advise - thanks!

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=331425&postcount=5

katana
2009-08-31, 16:11
Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only,
the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
Please Read All Instructions Carefully
If you don't understand something, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please do not run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you
Failure to reply within 5 days will result in the topic being closed.
Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those few things, everything should go smoothly http://www.countingcows.de/laechel.gif

Some of the logs I request will be quite large, You may need to split them over a couple of replies.

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
Be assured, any links I give are safe
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi MalwareS?c?s,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had, but I'm not sure what it is you are asking for ?

Do you require assistance with the notebook that doesn't boot, or another machine ?