PDA

View Full Version : Google Redirect Virus. Nothing can get rid of this.

rossgfs
2009-08-31, 19:12
Please help.

I have a google redirect virus that I cant get rid of.

The virus cuts off my MSN Messenger about 15seconds after i've signed in.

I have installed Spybot, Ad-Aware, Malware Bytes, and another few but the virus has removed the main .exe file of all of these. AVG does not pick the virus up.

The virus also deletes HiJackThis etc, so I cant post logs as it wont let me.

It sometimes redirects me to newsranch.net but when i search for newsranch.net on google anything that says newsranch the virus changes to say google.com but when i highlight the google.com word it changes back to newsranch.net? as if the virus is trying to hide a fix for itsself.

Anybody got any suggestions? I dont know what to do anymore :(

I've tried all programs CFix etc. it deletes them all. thanks. ross.

When trying to install Spybot again I receive this error:

C:\Program Files\Spybot\SpybotSD.exe

This existing file is marked as read-only.

---

There is no file called SpybotSD.exe in this folder?

Thanks.

Bio-Hazard
2009-09-03, 16:37
Hello and Welcome to forums!

My name is Bio-Hazard and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:

I will be working on your Malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
I f you don't know or understand something please don't hesitate to ask.
Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you.
It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

No Reply Within 4 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed!!

Download and run Win32kDiag

Download Win32kDiag from any of the following locations and save it to your Desktop.

Download Win32kDiag (Win32kDiag.exe) - #1 (http://ad13.geekstogo.com/Win32kDiag.exe)
Download Win32kDiag (Win32kDiag.exe) - #2 (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/rootrepeal/Win32kDiag.exe)
Download Win32kDiag (Win32kDiag.exe) - #3 (http://rootrepeal.psikotick.com/Win32kDiag.exe)

Double-click Win32kDiag.exe to run Win32kDiag and let it finish.
When it states "Finished! Press any key to exit...", press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as a reply to this topic.

Bio-Hazard
2009-09-07, 23:34
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.