PDA

View Full Version : Browser Pages Question

shelquis
2006-06-13, 03:42
When I look at the Browser Pages list, I don't recognize a lot of the pages listed. How does that list get built? Are those all currently in the registry for various pages? Or are there because they had been used at one time (but not necesssarily currently)? I assume they are all currently used somewhere since there's no option to delete, but only to change. What's the best way to figure out where each one is (or was) used so that I would know what I was changing? Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2006-06-13, 15:57
If you click the Help button on the Browser Pages screen you get:

Browser pages - Tools

Spybot-S&D is able to list all known locations where Internet Explorer start and search pages are anchored. …
In other words those are entries currently in the registry. If you want to see the actual registry location were the entries were found, the easiest way is: Right click on the list.
Select "Copy to clipboard".
Paste the list someplace.

shelquis
2006-06-13, 16:32
If you want to see the actual registry location were the entries were found, the easiest way is: Right click on the list.
Select "Copy to clipboard".
Paste the list someplace.

Hey, Great. I mistakenly thought it would just paste the same list I was seeing. It gave me exactly what I was looking for. Boy, I've sure learned alot about Spybot in the last couple of days. Thank you very, very much.