PDA

View Full Version : Need zip password for recovery files

fireplug
2009-09-05, 06:43
Thank you in advance for whatever help you can give me.

I had Spybot SD on my computer until January 30, 2009 when it was deleted by a "friend" who fixes computers. At the time I believe the version was 1.6.0

That version had cleaned some suspected files and they are now listed in the recovery files which are apparently zipped and password protected by Spybot so that other scanning programs will not "see" the quarantined files. There is a certain text file listed as being located in that recovery archive which I need to recover.

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Spybot SD hoping that the program would see those old quarantined files and allow me to recover the one I need, however Spybot only sees a few of the files and unfortunately doesn't list the one I need as being able to be recovered in the recovery console. The file is definitely there on the hard disk, I can see it and by clicking on it bring up the "enter password" window for the zip file, however Spybot doesn't see it so I can't recover it using the program.

What I need is the password that Spybot used to lock the zip files it created with version 1.6.0. I searched the forums here to no avail but did see an old post where a mod here offered to send that password to someone if all else failed.

Can someone please send it to me... by PM even if you don't want to publicly just throw it out there?

Thank you so much I really need that file back.

Zenobia
2009-09-07, 04:48
The password should be recovery.