PDA

View Full Version : Driver Robot - is this safe?

Blackredgold1964
2009-09-05, 21:37
Dear All,
You will be pleased to hear I am NOT infected, though I received a message, apparently from the Microsoft MSN team , suggesting to install the Driver Robot. This should update automatically all my Hardware Drivers. I think it eventually will point to this website, driverrobot.com/.

My PC is running fine though the software sounds interesting.

Any experiences?

Regards
Blackredgold1964

shelf life
2009-09-07, 04:27
I dont know anything about DriverRobot, but i believe if your machine is running fine and your not having a hardware issue then its not necessary to get the latest driver. If you are having a hardware issue then refreshing or installing the latest driver for the specific hardware could be a solution. Installing all the latest just because they are the latest could cause more headaches then its worth.
The best place to get drivers would be from your computer manufacturers website or the hardware vendors website.

honda12
2009-09-07, 18:54
Hi Blackredgold1964,

From a brief look at ratings of the link you gave, 'driver robot' appears to a be rogue piece of software.

Do not install the application.

Microsoft would never recommend 3rd party software - that's what seemed fishy to me. Their advice concerning hardware drivers in my experience, like shelf life said, is to go to your computer manufacturer's/hardware vendor's website to download updates.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/driverrobot.com

tashi
2009-09-07, 19:09
Hello,

though I received a message, apparently from the Microsoft MSN team
Curious, was that via email or?

Blackredgold1964
2009-09-07, 23:20
Hello,

Curious, was that via email or?

I received this via email and suppose it was Spam.

Thanks for the advice, Obviously I won't try it out.