PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 1.6.2 hangs if scan is aborted

tomdkat
2009-09-08, 03:10
I tend to configure Spybot S&D to run as automated as possible, by using these settings:

Run check on program start
Fix all problems on program start
Immunize on program start
Search for new versions at each program start

For the most part, it works well. I click the Spybot icon and let it do its thing.

I've noticed Spybot will often hang if I click the "Stop check" button while the scan phase is running. I've thought it was moving on to the immunization phase since the scan had been termination but I don't know for sure.

If I wait enough and look at the Task Manager, I see Spybot listed as "not responding".

Any ideas? I see this behavior on Windows XP (32-bit) and Vista (32-bit) systems.

Thanks!

Peace...

spybotsandra
2009-09-08, 10:26
Hello,

The scan could hang when the stop button was pressed in an automated scan. This was a little bug.

Please download file this new SpybotSD.exe (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/SpybotSD.exe-1.6.3.51.zip#hash(md5:49B094774AC6ED0A34EC16C4DACFE5C7)) as fix.

To use this file extract the downloaded archive into the main application folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\).

Replace it with the files in your Spybot program folder. If the SpybotSD.exe is hidden, make it visible:

* Using Windows Explorer navagate to:
o C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
* In the Tools menu select Folder Options…
* In the Folder Options dialog select the View tab.
* Uncheck the following option:
o Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)
* Click the Apply button.
* Click the OK button.
* The files should now be displayed

This problem is also mentioned in our forum (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=45926).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

tomdkat
2009-09-08, 20:18
Thanks for the info and sorry for not doing a more thorough search before starting this thread. :)

Any idea on when version 1.6.3.51 will be officially released?

Thanks!

Peace...

drragostea
2009-09-09, 04:00
Not anytime soon. Although Spybot-Search&Destroy 2.0 beta has been released to only a selected group of members. Except that, no news on 1.6.3.x ^^".