PDA

View Full Version : Have i a virus in situe!!!

lizzybee
2006-06-13, 21:01
:confused: [SIZE="5"]:(
[/
SIZE]

Hi guys in need of some more sound advice as newbee and still finding my feet!! Have for the fourth consecutive time used windows online security scan(beta) not all on same day!! minutes into the scan it flagged up red shield informing me1virus - no items found, at end of scan was given all clear. All my other checks ie: Norton,Spybot,adaware all clear, my dilemma now is what do i believe? Is this Windows beta best to be avoided IE: given a wide berth as we say here. Would spybot have picked something up when i scanned my pc? Wish not to include my windows probs on this forum but find the help i need here in an instant, took your advice yesterday from TASHI and downloaded spywareblaster even i managed to get this right without much probs. Thankyou once again guys for your help:p

lizzybee gives thanks

tashi
2006-06-14, 02:14
Hi lizzybee

I don't recommend your using a beta program just yet. ;)

One should be comfortable with beta testing and dealing with the results.

Without seeing a Spybot-S&D log there isn't much to go on.

If you would like to post a log so we can take a look at the system, this is how to do so.

Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available.
Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
Then on the toolbar menu select mode and switch to advanced mode, on the left lower down select tools, and view report, ensure all the options are selected near the bottom except

Uncheck[ ] do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
uncheck[ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck[ ] Include uninstall list in report.

Now select (near the top) view report.
Press export in the save in box choose a place such as your my documents folder, then in your next post near the bottom select the "browse" button; navigate to and attach or post that report.

Cheers. :)

lizzybee
2006-06-14, 15:01
:laugh:

Hi Tashi lizzybee here many thanks for sound advice have indeed followed your instructions regarding the sending of my report :confused: hopefully!! Have decided to enroll in a computer course as i write, (DON,T YOU JUST KNOW I HAVE TO) :laugh: So if it turns out that i don,t have a virus:yahoo: and if i do :sick: anyway here,s looking at nothing (exactly what your likely to get :laugh: ) if goes to plan :present: all round
:bigthumb: lizzybee

PS if iv,e sent up all the files in my documents folder OOOPS!!!!:laugh: