PDA

View Full Version : SB and HJT will not allow me to scan

handy2009
2009-09-10, 07:59
Spybot closes and permissions on its .exe changed

This bug disables all scanning programs including spybot, Hijackthis etc.
Spybot closes after clicking check for problems. It is thereafter unavailable due to altered permissions on the .exe. This occurs for hijackthis too altho i can run it over and over unlike SB. Complete removal and reinstallation results in repeat of same problem.

Spybot closes and permissions on its .exe changed

This bug disables all scanning programs including spybot, Hijackthis etc.
Spybot closes after clicking check for problems. It is thereafter unavailable due to altered permissions on the .exe. This occurs for hijackthis too altho i can run it over and over unlike SB. Complete removal and reinstallation results in repeat of same problem. I also have a update from microsoft (malicious software removal tool) that says it installed but then pops again after a few seconds saying it needs to install again and again etc

shelf life
2009-09-13, 14:12
hi,

We will use combofix. there is a guide to read first. We will make one change from the guide. Read through the guide, download combofix to your desktop, but before you save it: rename it to combo1fix.exe, then save it to your desktop. Disable any AV as explained in the guide, so they wont interfere. Double click the saved icon on your desktop and follow the prompts. Post the log after its done running.

Guide to using Combofix (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix)