PDA

View Full Version : How many times you get this: "Cannot display the webpage"?

Tom.K
2009-09-11, 20:22
2 Minutes ago, I was writing a new topic at some forum and downloading something. For some stupid reason, connection didn't work and I've recieved "Cannot display the webpage" error right when I've clicked on create topic button. And at download, it made the same thing! RE-connected again, and what do I get? Nothing! My topic wasn't even created! I haven't continued downloading. I hate this error every time when I get it!

So, I want to know, how many times do you get this error and how much do you hate it?

tashi
2009-09-11, 21:04
Hi Tom,

Have you tried the instructions in this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

Cheers.

Tom.K
2009-09-11, 21:18
None of suggestions would help me. All depends to my ISP which can suddenly disconnect me or make no network traffic or someone calls me.

ght1
2009-09-11, 21:53
Never - because I don't use IE :bigthumb:

tashi
2009-09-11, 22:24
None of suggestions would help me. All depends to my ISP which can suddenly disconnect me or make no network traffic or someone calls me.
Have you tested to see if you receive the same error using another browser?

Tom.K
2009-09-12, 06:51
I've used firefox 3.0.5 (uninstalled), but it was quite slow and it showed a few more errors than IE.

drragostea
2009-09-14, 03:30
Either browser works, I mean there is no one perfect browser. You can always try the new Mozilla Firefox 3.5.2. I'm assuming your on dial-up... (which can cause some annoying connection problems [timed out, etc.]).

honda12
2009-09-19, 01:47
I receive that error occasionally when I'm using a laptop connected wirelessly, but most of the time I use my desktop (which is connected via ethernet) so errors of this kind are non-existent, unless of course the router decides to have a bad day ;).