PDA

View Full Version : This thing just wont go away!

djp76
2009-09-12, 15:45
I have had this problem for a while and it seems very clever and nasty

I have a browser hijacker and what i think must be a trojan or a trojandropper

I have previously run s&d and it keeps finding .tdss.trk's win32Zbots i clean them and then on restarting my computer i get at the very minimum 12 cmd boxes appearing on sreen then dissapeering, the most i have had is 22 i one hit all with multiple addresses on them maybe 4 duplicates of each address,anyway i shall stop ranting now and post my log file :/

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 14:33:56, on 12/09/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\minilog.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\NetLimiter\NetLimiter.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
D:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zapro.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\NetNerd\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe,
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NetLimiter] C:\Program Files\NetLimiter\NetLimiter.exe /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PeerGuardian] D:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-220523388-1647877149-725345543-500\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Administrator')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ZoneAlarm Pro.lnk = C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zapro.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Alerter AlerterALG (AlerterALG) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\feobtmiufy.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Basic Logging Client (minilog) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\minilog.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--
End of file - 3211 bytes

Thank you in advance for helping me :)

Shaba
2009-09-14, 19:14
Hi djp76

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud? (http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451)

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall (http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063)

We can attempt to clean this machine but i can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post

djp76
2009-09-15, 22:13
Thanks first of all for your response,and i shall be re-formatiingmy pcand contacting my bank and changing my passwords from a secure computer.

I thought it was quite a nasty one,thank you to yourself and the team here who help kepp us a little safer in this world of people who have nothing better to do than annoy microsoft software users with there viruses or worse.

Thankyou

Djp76:bigthumb:

:thanks:

Shaba
2009-09-16, 06:04
OK, please post then fresh HijackThis log after reformatting and I will give you some tips for the future :)

djp76
2009-09-16, 23:16
Thanks for the offer but i've had enough of windows and all those that want to screw it up im switching to linux :)

Unless that is you have any tips for a noob linux user?

Shaba
2009-09-17, 06:03
No, I'm not unfortunately any linux guru :)

Shaba
2009-09-27, 17:37
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.