PDA

View Full Version : Win32 (Type 56) Trojan

baya1
2009-09-12, 22:27
Hello, I downloaded a program and once I installed it, I received this Win32 trojan that infected plenty of files in the Windows folder. It mostly went for application (.exe) files and .dll files and others of this sort. I have Nod32 Antivirus and my OS is Windows Vista Home. This is what I have done so far: I happened to have Dr. Web CureIt! on my computer (a neat spyware-seeking program that doesn't need to be installed). It found about 140 infected files and actually cured most of them. However, it didn't manage to scan the computer all the way as the scan process froze for some reason (and did not unfreeze). Now, however, I can't really use this program anymore because each time I load it and tell it to scan it just gets shut down automatically. Probably because of the virus. Going on, I also scanned my computer with Nod32 (after scanning with CureIt!). Nod found 3 infected files, two of which it managed to cure, and the third one, as I understood contained the virus itself and Nod could not do anything about it, it's reason was that the file was already running and it couldn't shut it down. I've looked around your forum, but the solutions offered do not help for one simple reason: this virus did something so that I cannot go on any anti-virus/anti-spyware related websites. They just do not load. I tried it on Mozilla and Opera (Internet Explorer just stopped working for some reason and Chrome did not manage to start working when I downloaded it). I also tried downloading Avira Anti-Vir, since it's website did load, however, the virus does not let me install it, saying that the setup file has been changed.
So what can I do? Formatting the disk is not an option for me. Thank you very much in advance!

- baya

And the name of the virus is Win32.Virut56, as the Dr. Web CureIt! says.

Blade81
2009-09-17, 20:02
And the name of the virus is Win32.Virut56, as the Dr. Web CureIt! says.
Sorry but Virut infection on board you don't have other choice than reformat.