PDA

View Full Version : Have virus from 'PERSONAL ANTIVIRUS" download

Eamonx
2009-09-13, 20:55
I got a virus as I was tricked into downloading a file that is now an icon called "PERSONAL ANTIVIRUS' the virus attacks windows only...firefox works ok..I ran AVG and it still is there,,anytime I get on a website using windows a page with a message comes up saying I am infected and I need to buy PERSONAL ANTIVIRUS package for 59.95...it looks dodgy ...then messages appears saying......"V32.Ackantta.B@mm is a mass mailing worm that gathers email addrss from the compromised computer and spreads by copying itself to removable drives and shared folders"....if i click on that message it brings me to a page looking for a credit cad number..... has anyone any idea how I get rid of this???Thank you in advance

Shaba
2009-09-15, 19:09
Hi Eamonx

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTInstall.exe
Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.