PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Spybot doesn't seem to want to open up!

Inulink
2009-09-14, 05:05
Yes.. I click on the icon, and nothing is happening. I uninstall then redownload Spybot, still the same... It's only at Resident mode or whatever that is that's in my toolbar.

It doesn't seem to open up so I can use it to scan the computer. And Windows keep saying there spyware, but Spybot not opening up for me so I can scan!

I am not a computer nerd or anything... So I have no clue what to do... But what I do know is, whatever got download into my computer on it's own is bad... Right..?

spybotsandra
2009-09-14, 11:52
Hello,

Please have a look at this (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=50194) link.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Inulink
2009-09-15, 06:28
Hello,

Please have a look at this (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=50194) link.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

*sigh* I try following those steps, however, it didn't work... Spybot still not opening up. Even from Program Files.

Inulink
2009-09-19, 04:36
The Issue is getting worst. I did follow spybotsandra advice but it's still having the same issue. It would not open up. Even though Program Files. Now, whatever spyware I have is now not letting me open up anything to clean out my computer. Ad-Aware not opening, Easy Cleaner not opening, and now Fire Fox and Internet Explorer not opening up. I have to use my Nintendo Wii to type this.

I really don't know what to do. So I order a Recover Disk for my laptop. Hopfully by deleting everything in my laptop will fix everything.

drragostea
2009-09-19, 05:34
Inulink, if you have used the nuke disk, then you don't have to respond to this post. There is always still some hope left, your machine can be cleaned out, with some effort and some dedication. But if your machine is so badly infected (repairable) but it is still doubtful when it comes to login credentials because of it's past infections, I would suggest you backup your critical documents (very difficult to retrieve if you reformat) and then nuke the drive and start anew.