PDA

View Full Version : Help please No security software can run!!!

scoucer
2009-09-15, 21:07
Please can someone help! My Dell Dimension with XP home is behaving very strangely. AVG has stopped working, I click to scan and it just sits there, something has turned off the email scanner, and I cant turn it back on. I use Spybot normally but it won't run, neither will Malwarebytes. I've read your post about making a HiJackThis log but that won't run either, just says I've not got permissions, but I think the shortcut has been damaged when I tried to run it. I tried to uninstall Malwarebytes, with a hope of reinstalling it in Safe Mode, but it won't uninstall either.

I read some other posts and have backed up the registry, but can't post a HJT log.

I am desperate!! It won't let me do anything and I think I'm very exposed without security!!!

Please help

Blade81
2009-09-18, 16:56
Hi,

Please save this (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/rootrepeal/Win32kDiag.exe) file to your desktop. Double-click on it to run a scan. When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop. Please attach the file to your post.

scoucer
2009-09-19, 21:24
Blade,

Thanks for your interest, I'm sorry but I decided to reformat and be done with it. I hope I've not caused you any inconvenience.

Blade81
2009-09-19, 22:10
Ok. Thanks for letting us know :)