PDA

View Full Version : can't get the main Spybot screen up

raymm
2009-09-21, 06:08
I can't get the main Spybot screen up--the one from which I can run the immunizations etc.

I have Spybot set to run on startup, it runs, does a check, closes, that's it.

Zenobia
2009-09-21, 07:24
Just to be sure we're both on the same page:
Do you mean Spybot will not open when you doubleclick the Spybot icon,it will only run a scan when your computer starts up? :)

raymm
2009-09-22, 04:30
Yeah, in fact I click on SpybotSD.exe, all exe's in Spy bot dir, nothing gets me the screen that has Search & Destroy, Immunize, Tools, Info and Licence, Update on it.

It will just run a scan, that's it.

Zenobia
2009-09-22, 11:33
Which version of Spybot do you have?

spybotsandra
2009-09-22, 11:56
Hello,

In order to undo Spybot-S&D's automation, you can delete the configuration file (which is named Configuration.ini). Where it is located depends on your Windows version:
(Please be sure that hidden files are shown. Please have a look at this page to see how to show hidden files and folders: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

For Windows 95/98, the file is located in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
For Windows ME, the file is located in C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
For Windows NT/2000/XP, you will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Either delete that file, or edit it (for example in notepad) setting all the Automation values in it to zero.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

raymm
2009-09-22, 22:30
Thank you for the time you are taking on this.

Followed your instructions.

Only found "default.configuration.ini"
Renamed above to "default.configuration.ini.RMM1"
Ran SpybotSD.exe
Message box: "Pick some files to update." or something like that -- no way to pick files, just message box. Dismissed.
Went straight to scan.

Copied "default.configuration.ini" to "configuration.ini"
Ran SpybotSD.exe. Same as above.

Edited "configuration.ini", replaced all 1 with 0.
Ran SpybotSD.exe. Same as above.

Do you have any more suggestions?