PDA

View Full Version : Several Problems, please help

shizzbot
2009-09-21, 09:40
I Have been have alot of problems with my Laptop. Im not good with computers so therefore cannot for the life of me figure out whats going on.

It all started when Windows Antivirus 2010 downloaded itself, Spybot got rid of it, but it kept coming back. Just a few weeks ago a new "antivirus" downloaded itself name Total Security. With that download it denied access to all my files on my computer saying i didn't have permission. Then it disappeared. Also I keep getting this RUNDLL screen whenever I start my computer.

Once it was gone, i tried running Spybot, still I was denied access, tried renaming it, no permission. So i figured i would uninstall it and re-install (bad move?). I ran it but it was never installed onto my machine.

I was advised to install Erunt, which I did. I then tried installing HijackThis, the infection won't allow me to run it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, Im not sure how long I will have my internet connection so any immediate help will be a blessing! lol

Shaba
2009-09-24, 20:34
Hi shizzbot

Please rename HijackThis.exe and let me know if it runs now :)