PDA

View Full Version : Help please with scheduler options

broadstairs
2009-09-23, 13:36
Until recently I had Spybot running via the scheduler and it ran to completion and closed itself. A while ago something changed just after an auto update during a scheduled run which now stops it from auto closing. I have checked the settings and the options on the scheduled task start-up and nothing seems to have changed. When the scheduled run finishes it pops up a message requiring a manual input to remove it saying how many problems have been fixed and so until I come back to the PC and click it stays open, as soon as I click OK it closes itself.

Now I tried a re-install over the existing install and that did not resolve it, so next I removed the program via the Windows installed programs list and deleted the program folder after a reboot. I then re-installed the program from scratch but this still has not resolved the problem.

Can someone please tell me why I cannot get the program to close itself after a scheduled run without manual intervention?

Stuart

spybotsandra
2009-09-23, 14:24
Hello Stuart,

I would recommend to try it with these command line parameters:
# /autoupdate
Does an update after starting the program.
# /autocheck
Starts scanning immediately.
# /autofix
Fixes problems after scan.

You will find more command line parameters here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

broadstairs
2009-09-23, 15:26
The scheduled task currently runs like this:-

"D:\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOCLOSE

and I get the problem. It does an update anyway as that is set in the settings to always update on program start, I could add /AUTOUPDATE but I doubt it would make any difference. Do any of those options I am using conflict in any way?

Stuart

spybotsandra
2009-09-23, 15:59
Hello,

Should work if you add /taskbarhide .

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

broadstairs
2009-09-23, 18:46
Hello,

Should work if you add /taskbarhide .

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Sandra that does indeed work however I cannot see anything to show it working, and does not explain why it used to work perfectly without these additional options and never showed the confirmation dialog, it just used to close when finished.

I should also say that it also works just fine on my wife's PC (W2K, mine is XP) using the same level of SpyBot and never shows any confirmation dialog, it just closes.

I do like that way of working because I am aware of it running as I can see the windows showing the progress, this way I see nothing except a busy processor.

Stuart