PDA

View Full Version : Too many cookies

Coneshell
2009-09-25, 16:57
Dear Safer Networking,

Since my wife and I downloaded a file from Teacher Tube, I don't remember the exact name or url, we have been getting 20-104 cookies at a time when we scan our computer with Norton Antivirus 2010 and we scan once or twice per week. Could I have downloaded a virus? Norton doesn't reveal any.

Previously, I let a Norton Technician uninstall Spybot S & D as well as Malewarebytes from our computer because he said they might conflict with Norton AV. Their scan also showed that 15 or 20 viruses had entered through Spybot S&D. They removed them but I still have the original log file.

Can you recommend a course of action?

Many thanks in advance,

Coneshell

Coneshell
2009-09-25, 23:07
I thought maybe I'd run one of the online scans, either Kaspersky or Pandasecurity and remove any viruses. Then I am not sure whether I should download Spybot again as well as Malwarebytes. If you think this is a good idea would you mind providing me with the direct links so I don't download the wrong thing. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

Coneshell

Coneshell
2009-09-29, 02:11
My Inspiron 1300 is running unusually slowly. I nolonger seem to get Windows Updates, I get more than 20+ cookies each time I run Norton AV. and a telephone/modem symbol appeared on the bottom right of my screen which I cannot disable or remove. Things are getting worse. Is there anyone who can help me?

Sincerely,
Coneshell

tashi
2009-10-07, 07:51
Hello Coneshell,

When posting to your own topic it removed the zero response helpers look for.

If you still require help, please start a new topic after reading this: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

FYI for future reference: Post here if still waiting for help in the Malware Forum, (AFTER) FOUR days (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1137)

Best regards. :)