PDA

View Full Version : Dimension 4

astroUK
2009-10-03, 20:25
Hello
I've just re-started using Spybot (and paid a small donation to help its continued development). However, i now have a small problem, actually a major problem. I use Dimension 4 to accurately sync my PC's clock so that my telescope control system is pointly exactly where it should. But Spybot appears to be preventing the use of D4 and in particular preventing me downloading the precise time from the D4 sites

What can I do?

Thanks

Zenobia
2009-10-04, 04:36
Would you happen to be using AVG antivirus?

If you use teatimer,could you rightclick teatimer,select Show Log,then copy and paste it here.

astroUK
2009-10-05, 00:37
I don't use AVG. I use Kaspersky for my antivirus. What's Teatimer? I don't think I'm using it but can't be sure!

Anyway, I've turned Spybot off for the time being (I'll still do regular S&D's though) and D4 is updating the PC's clock again. Short term problem resolved but still no wiser why D4 couldn't be accessed

Thanks

Zenobia
2009-10-05, 01:21
What is the Resident TeaTimer? (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html)

Anyway, I've turned Spybot off for the time being (I'll still do regular S&D's though) and D4 is updating the PC's clock again.
What you turned off was probably teatimer.If you reactivate it,and show your log,then we might be able to figure out why D4 wasn't able to update the clock.
Or,you could leave it off,if you prefer,it's up to you. :)

If you'd like to see if the problems with D4 and Teatimer can be fixed up,open Spybot,click Mode,then Advanced Mode,say yes to the prompt,then click Tools,Resident,and place a checkmark beside Resident "Teatimer".

An icon with a padlock on it should appear down in the notification area,down beside your computer clock.Rightclick teatimer,select Show Log,then copy and paste it here.