PDA

View Full Version : Processes blacklisted doesn't update

Azman
2009-10-08, 06:10
Hello,

I'm new to Spybot S&D. Need some help.

Everytime I'm updating Spybot S&D, the processes blacklisted number viewed from Spybot S&D icon on the taskbar doesn't update. I need to restart my computer for the processes blacklisted number to be updated. Is it possible for the processes blacklisted number to be automatically updated without restarting my computer?

Thanks for any helps
Azman

drragostea
2009-10-09, 03:19
The blacklist count does not necessarily have to be updated each week (from my POV), but it should vary each week. Like maybe increase or decrease.

What version of Teatimer are you running?

Azman
2009-10-20, 07:07
Sorry for my lateness... navoidable

My Spybot SD is version 1.6.2.46
Is Teatimer has separate version? How to check?

Thnks for any helps
Azman

spybotsandra
2009-10-20, 15:11
Hello,

The TeaTimer list is updated by a fresh start of the TeaTimer, or a fresh system start.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Azman
2009-10-22, 10:03
Dear drragostea, my TeaTimer is version 1.6.6.32
I guess it is the latest...

Spybotsandra said TeaTimer list is updated by a fresh start of the TeaTimer, or a fresh system start. Therefore, after updating, do I need to restart the Teatimer /my system for the latest protection to take effect?

Thanks guys for your replies…
Azman

spybotsandra
2009-10-22, 14:14
Hello,

Yes, you need to do that, as I have explained above.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Azman
2009-10-23, 12:13
Thanks for your replies. Hope the next Spybot SD version will have its processes list and protection to be automatically updated after each updates without fresh system or TeaTimer restart.

Regards
Azman

LuckyCat
2009-10-31, 01:49
My Resident agent in the system tray shows X processes black listed and Y known ratings available, where Y is almost double that of X.

When following the FAQ instructions to edit the black and white list, I see that all four of the lists are empty. Also, there is a pad lock that appears in the lower left corner of the Resident icon in the system tray.

I want to make sure that I am using the full potential of Spybot.

Lastly, I see that "wscntfy.exe" shows in my Task Manager window. After running Spybot, it is still there.

Please provide any assistance you can. Thank you.

Jeff

drragostea
2009-11-02, 01:57
Luckycat... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Logically, Y is usually more than X in this case, no? Since Y is the larger number (database) and X is the one that is doing the targeting. If it was X>Y then there must be something wrong.

You should not doubt about the potential of Spybot because the forum is here to help you. I'm pretty sure myself that Spybot is doing a good job at protecting us right now.

And the process you mentioned is part of the Windows Security Center (Windows XP SP2+) according to Google.