PDA

View Full Version : I need help, bad.

CRM814
2009-10-14, 21:02
Alright, so my Facebook wasn't working right... it kept trying to download when I went to the site and gave me a bunch of weird symbols.

Someone suggested I may have a virus, and my Norton was out of date anyway so I thought it'd be smart regardless to get SpyBot.

I ran Spybot, it went through some 630,000 files. It gave me a list of things with green check marks to the side of them, yadda yadda.

This is the part that I forget what I did, but I wanna say that I let them get erased. When I closed the program, TONS of little pop up boxes kept coming up asking me if I wanted to change startup values or whatever. I ended up denying most of them because I didn't want anything to change if I didn't know what it was.

They kept popping up and popping up, so I just shut off my computer - which was probably really stupid.

Now when I start up and put my password in to access my desktop, a bunch of little black boxes keep popping up with the title of windows command or cmd and sometimes inside the boxes it will say something about frame not found or something along those lines.

I tried to do a system restore, my computer won't let me, and if I read correctly, Tea Time needs turned off in order to do so, so I turned it off and it still wouldn't let me.

I went back to SpyBot, looked under the recovery section and only saw 2 things. Atleast 1 of these 2 things had a red X to it when the scan was completed, not a green check. The other may have had an X, also.

Either way, I restored them to try and get it back to normal. Then I just flat out deleted SpyBot because I tried the recovery and a system restore.

And on top of this, my Internet doesn't seem to want to connect anymore.

My main questions are: What are those black boxes popping up at startup, what was it trying to change with all those startup values, and what do I do next?

Zenobia
2009-10-15, 03:40
what was it trying to change with all those startup values
This may have been prompts from teatimer asking you to Allow or Deny the change.

What are those black boxes popping up at startup
I'm not completely sure on that one,just yet.It may be this,but I can't be certain:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=312842&postcount=4
How did you delete Spybot,through add/remove programs?

and what do I do next?
Even though you deleted Spybot,the logfile should still be there,unless you deleted the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder in Application Data.
Please scroll down and see how to Show hidden files and Folders,if you need to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html
Then,please navigate to:

Windows 95 or 98: C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
Windows NT, 2000 or XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Open the logs folder,then find the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file from when you ran the scan,doubleclick it.Go to edit,select all,then rightclick,and select Copy,then paste it here.

Zenobia
2009-10-15, 03:47
Oh,yes,I forgot:
After you find and post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file,please return to the same folder,and copy and paste the resident.log here,too,in a post right after that.