PDA

View Full Version : Can't Do Forum Searches!

JorgeA
2009-10-15, 07:10
Hello,

I was trying to find information as to whether Spybot S&D will work in conjunction with the upcoming Microsoft Security Essentials software, and tried to do a forum search in lieu of reading through every thread. ;)

Unfortunately, after about a dozen tries I had to give up. I keep getting an error message similar to the following:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /arrayx/www/forums/search.php on line 1155"

What does this mean? Is there something wrong with my computer, or with the forum search function? FWIW, I'm on a Vista 64-bit machine with 4GB RAM, and I've been a happy user of Spybot S&D for about 5-6 years now, on two computers.

I tried doing the forum search both logged on and logged off. When logged off there was an additional security measure where I was asked to type in a couple of words with distorted characters. Each time that I didn't get a message like the one above, instead I got an error message claiming that I didn't type the words correctly!! (This, despite my most careful reading of the words and proofreading of what I typed.)

So, I'm stymied in my attempts to do a forum search. Can anybody help?

Thank you in advance for any useful suggestions, or at least insights on what the heck might be going on with these error messages. And my sincere apologies if I've posted this to the wrong section.

daemon
2009-10-15, 10:48
The message you saw was talking about the memory of the forums's server. The search function should work now again. Also see this thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=52592).

daemon

JorgeA
2009-10-15, 17:58
daemon,

Thank you very much for the fix. It's working now. :thanks: