PDA

View Full Version : Hello & Help!

Lothian_Unionist
2009-10-16, 15:10
Hello guys/girls,

New to this forum and was kinda hoping you could shed some light on PC problems that I'm having. It centres around anti virus and the subsequent updates. I have used both Nod 32 and latterly the free AVG on my PC, I received a 12 month free subscription to Mcafee and still it wont update or indeed download the new file! I had problems before on AVG & Nod in updating the latest fixes etc. Someone recommended this site for help, bizarrely my PC won't allow me to open up the webpage!!! I'm using my laptop to access now.

I have used Spybot Search and Destroy on the PC even as late as last night, there were a few files on it and I simply asked it to fix. Someone has said that my PC may have 'malware' on it.

I appreciate the rules on removing this and have briefly read them, thing is I didn't just want to crack on thinking I have a problem when I might not??

Anyway, to coin a phrase from the Proclaimers, I'm Havering :D:

Anyone help?

tashi
2009-10-16, 16:58
Hello Lothian_Unionist :welcome:

It centres around anti virus and the subsequent updates. I have used both Nod 32 and latterly the free AVG on my PC, I received a 12 month free subscription to Mcafee and still it wont update or indeed download the new file! I had problems before on AVG & Nod in updating the latest fixes etc.

How long has it been since you were last able to update and do you have more than one AV program installed on the PC?

Someone recommended this site for help, bizarrely my PC won't allow me to open up the webpage!!!Are you able to reach any sites on that computer?

Best regards.

Lothian_Unionist
2009-10-16, 18:47
Hello Lothian_Unionist :welcome:

How long has it been since you were last able to update and do you have more than one AV program installed on the PC?
Are you able to reach any sites on that computer?

Best regards.

Been a while for the updates mate.

Only one AV now, that is AVG. I even tried turning the firewall off to access but to no avail.

Yes can access anything apart from the Nod/AVG and your website

tashi
2009-10-16, 18:58
Hi Lothian_Unionist,

Please see this FAQ, "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) copy paste the HJT log into it and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

If HJT won't run please start a topic anyway, make note of the situation and wait for a response.

Best regards.